With temperatures soaring in the capital, it is important to choose clothes that don’t get you rashes, itching or other skin infections. Opt for loose fitting cotton and khadi clothes, skirts and sheer fabrics to be comfortable yet stylish this summer.
Designers Ridhima Bhasin, Samant Chauhan and Mansi Bhasin, creative head of brand Olbees, share tips on how to plan your summer wardrobe.
* Stick to loose fitting clothes like capes and skirts, so that there is room for your skin to breathe.
* Style yourself in the colour of summer. Shun the sun with eggshell whites and offwhites, wear pleated culottes and pair with a loose fit- asymmetrical cape, pull your hair back in an elegant bun and make sure you use water proof makeup to avoid sweat-smudges.
* The heat wave has taken over the city and to be comfortable and stylish at the same time opt for natural breathable and light-weight fabrics like cottons. Avoid wearing silks and bulky fabrics. Cottons and natural fibres like khadi should be your go-to fabrics.
* Try wearing outfits that will not cling to your body. Go for anti-fit long but structured blouse with palazzo pants as it’s an ideal outfit for the day and will keep your style quotient up.
* Summer is the perfect time to show off some skin, so don’t be afraid to do so. Make sure you have your sunscreen on and wear fun outfits like off-shoulder dresses, crop cape tops, sheer shirts, short-hemmed skirts and shorts.